Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A poem

The CITIZENS are BLACK.
The EVACUEES are POOR.
The REFUGEES are WHITE.
The Right Reverend Jackson and Al Sharpton, et al say Bush doesn’t like CITIZENS.
The truth is they don’t like REFUGEES! They are the bigots who stir up unrest.
“Sticks and Stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me.” That is flagrantly untrue but we did learn that in grammer school. It is amazing to me how differntly the wording is seen by us though.

I did see everyone as an evacuee... and then they all became refugees from the waste of New Orleans. I have no idea where kooks like Jackson and Sharpton come up with this trying to racialize everything though. When they started into "citizen-this and citizen-that" I just started thinking "oh no." Today, those that escaped are all survivors.

No comments: