Sunday, October 09, 2005

Goodnight Martha.

We are here on earth for such a short time. Cliche as it sounds, I still think of myself as a young person even though I am in my fifties now. It probably has to do with how active you are and your lifestyle. Watching children grow is quite an amazing thing for the time flies alot faster than I ever dreamed it would.

That isn't what I really want to tell you about tonight. It is about Martha. She died last Monday. She left a husband and four boys with the youngest being in the sixth grade, a severly handicapped son, a high school junior and a college aged son. This has always been a very closeknit family. When our son was young, they took him (the boys) on campouts with the Boy Scouts many weekends during the year. She was a gentle sort, one who had compassion in her eyes and voice... She will be missed.

I've lost alot of friends over the years. Martha and I were not close friends but I do feel a loss. Her oldest son told me to tell my son, "Don't take you mama for granted." Then tonight when I went to the online guestbook for her there was a message for the youngest boy from one of his friends. It read, "i am so sorry about your mom.just know in your heart you will meet her in heaven someday."

I hope we all will. Goodnight Martha.