Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Take us back to 1900

I see the Right to Life Movement as a setback for Women. I always have. Today, Bush signed legislation banning abortion even when the mom's life was in jeopardy.

The problem I have with all of this is that the RIGHT TO FREE CHOICE... in this case, a woman's choice is denied. I hear all of the Right to Life folks and I appreciate their views... but look guys... why don't you put your money and time where your mouth is? Go adopt those unwanted kids. PAY for their upbringing... their food, their shelter, their education and so on. If you will, for any case that a woman has made the difficult choice to terminate the pregnancy... then I will stand by you. Otherwise, back off -- It isn't your business. It is between her and her God. I truly don't see how Bush or any man or non- relative has any business telling any woman what to do with her body.

I often wondered what my mother thought about this since she was born in 1916 and came up during a totally different time. She feels like the Right to Life movement will (or is) setting Women back 100 years. Isn't that interesting?