Sunday, October 26, 2003

Bah Humbug... Nah...

Over the years, I've often been angered by retailers who put out Christmas things before Halloween items ever graced their shelves. I just didn't "get it". I'd walk through my local drug store and see these things with my young children and cringe because I wanted them to enjoy Halloween and Thanksgiving without thinking "Ho, Ho, Ho!" I think the majority of consumers feel that Christmas hits the shelves far too early. However, I now realize that not everyone feels that way. In fact, people actually do put their Christmas decorations up as early as today. I love Christmas. I consider myself a 'holiday person' but I'm not a Christmas fanatic I've come to learn. I just enjoy making Christmas crafts, which I do at any time of the year... in the privacy of my art room. But, I want to enjoy all of the holidays and the days in between when there aren't any. I've learned alot being on a Christmas group because people are all so different. I never realized that someone might actually put up decorations before Halloween or Thanksgiving for that matter. It just never dawned on me. I'm glad that the craft store have the Christmas supplies now so I can purchase what I need to make my ornaments... I'm definitely having fun. I hope you like them. I'm going to call my little shop the Holiday House Click on the pictures of the products if you can get past that giant picture of me. lol